Date: April 27, 2019
Time: 6:30 – 9:00 pm
Tickets will go on sale on April 1, 2019 for $20; after April 12, 2019 for $25 until April 19, 2019.
MUST PURCHASE TICKET BEFORE EVENT AND HAVE TICKET TO ENTER.
SMS Jr. BETA Club is pleased to announce tickets are on sale to the Mysterious Masquerade Ball, a spring social for 8th graders to be held on April 27, 2019, from 6:30-9pm. Tickets are $20 and include admission to the social, as well as food and drink while at the social. Tickets will be on sale in the mornings and afternoons at the school store outside the main office. Either cash or checks made out to SMS Jr. BETA Club. Tickets should be purchased prior to spring break.
1. GUEST/DATES: Must be current 8th grade students at SMS.
2. DRESS: Boys- Tuxedo, suit with tie or dress pants with collared shirt. The tuxedo jacket may be removed after entrance into the prom; however, the shirt must remain on and buttoned throughout the evening (even if an undershirt is worn beneath). Girls - Formal gown, cocktail dress, or church dress. The dress must have a modest neckline and cover enough of the back so that it does not give the “impression” of a “totally” backless dress. Dresses that are strapless or spaghetti strapped must be of a cut or design so that they represent a modest impression. Dresses must be long enough so that they meet the “length” standard of the SMS dress code (no more than 4” above the knee). Dresses with slits must be slit “no higher” than mid-thigh. “See through” or revealing material should not be worn. “Two piece” dresses are not allowed.
3. DRUG/ALCOHOL SCREENING: All students will be screened at the door for drugs and alcohol. Students must pass the “screening” in order to gain admittance into the event. Students who are found to be in violation of the drug or alcohol policy (possession or influence of) will be arrested and suffer school discipline as per policy.
4. NO READMITTANCE: Students who leave the event will not be allowed to return.
5. PARENT VISITS: Parents will be allowed to be at the entrance of the event to “take pictures” of their child’s arrival. However, they will not be allowed to enter the event “inside” area after students have begun to arrive.
6. CHAPERONES: Only approved official chaperones will be allowed inside the event area after students begin arriving. Parents who wish to sign up as event chaperones should contact the Beta Club sponsors for administrative approval.