SMS Yearbooks are on sale now for $25.00. You may purchase them from Mrs. Howell in room 1205 or at the front desk. Order Form linked here
SMS Wrestling Banquet will be held on Friday 3/24 in the MultiPurpose Room from 6pm - 8pm
Beta Club is sponsoring the March of Dimes collection as a school project. Please donate your dimes to your first period teacher.
8th Grade students-- “Coffee with Counselors” meeting will be March 21st AND March 28th from 8-11 and 12-2 in the PDC room. This is a mandatory meeting to discuss your academic progress and requirements for high school. 8th graders please note that if you have not created an account and completed the two career interest assessments at mycareershines.org that you and your parent will not be able to complete your Education Plan on the Coffee with Counselors dates. Parents can call 647-4500 to set up an appointment or Drop In. This is for those students/parents who have not come to a previous meeting
Any girls who missed the cheer meeting at SMS, there are packets in the front office that need to be COMPLETELY filled out prior to tryouts. Tryouts will be held the week of April 17th-21st from 3-4:30 pm in the gym
Attention all current 8th graders interested in trying out for SHS JV Cheerleading:
Tryouts will be March 28-31 in the SHS gym from 3:10-4:30. All who are interested and did not attend the meeting need to pick up required paperwork at the front desk. Paperwork must be completed and returned prior to tryouts. A copy of your current physical is also required
SHS Majorette tryouts(current 8th graders) will be held on Tuesday, April 11th at 3:30 in the SHS gym. You may pick up a packet at the front desk
Congratulations, LaTangelia Tanksley, the Parent Survey winner for 2017. Thank you to all parents who took the time to complete the survey.
Dress Code Clarification for SMS
- Shorts must be at least finger tip length
- Shirts must go over the cap of your shoulder (3 finger rule DOES NOT apply at SMS)
- If Jeans have holes in them they must be below the fingertips
- Leggings are allowed under clothing as long as what covers them meets dress code
When a student is tardy to school:
- Parents MUST accompany student to the front office and sign student in.
- The student will receive a note to class for the first 3 late arrivals when a parent signs them in
- If the parent DOES NOT sign the student in, the student will go to tardy hall.
- On the 4 tardy, the student will receive a discipline referral and go to tardy hall.
- The student will be sent to tardy hall for each additional tardy.
Student attendance is crucial. Four unexcused tardies or unexcused check-outs are equivalent of an absence. Students are considered truant after 5 absences.
Click on the document you need listed below
Please save and turn these in at the Front Desk